Subject: Invitation Letter for the Diplomatic Briefing, November 11, 2024
From: "Victorya Zhovtenko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2024 14:32:05 +0200

Dear Colleagues,

The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting would like to 
invite you for our regular monthly ‘Diplomatic Briefing’ during which IER 
experts share their views on the economic situation in Ukraine as well as 
present the results of recent business tendency survey.

The next Diplomatic Briefing dedicated to a discussion “Ukraine’s economic 
situation and challenges in October 2024” will be held online via Zoom on 
November 11, 2024, Monday, from 16:00 to 17:00 Kyiv time (9:00-10:00 EST / 
15:00-16:00 CEST).

In October, the IMF Board approved the fifth review of the Program, which 
has now updated macroeconomic forecast and financial needs. The positive 
news of the month were the news on the approval of the EU and the US 
assistance within ERA. Still, the uncertainty remains high on the 
distribution of the allocations, which will be discussed during the 
briefing.

The performance of manufacturing was challenged by russian missiles and 
drone attacks on large industrial companies. While there were no planned 
electricity outages, some companies faced problems with the access to 
electricity due to damaged electricity transmission. Labour shortages 
remained one of the top impediments for business development according to 
the IER business tendency survey.

The IER experts will discuss these and other recent economic trends 
(including trade developments, monetary policy, inflation, etc), challenges 
and outlook during the Briefing. Besides, more results of the IER business 
tendency survey, conducted in September, will be presented.

Speakers:

Oleksandra Betliy, macroeconomic, public finance, social and healthcare 
expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;

Vitaliy Kravchuk, macroeconomic, monetary policy and financial market 
expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;

Oksana Kuziakiv, IER Chief Executive, Head of the Center for Contemporary 
Society studies.

✅ English is a working language of the meeting.

We sincerely hope that you can honor us with your presence.

✅ Please, register for the participation in the Briefings via e-mail to 
Victoriya Zhovtenko: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Diplomatic Briefings represent an exclusive initiative by the IER, 
thoughtfully tailored to cater to the needs of diplomatic institutions, 
government entities, and central banks of Ukraine’s international partners. 
We kindly request your discretion in refraining from sharing this invitation 
with individuals outside of your respective organizations.

Should you wish to extend this invitation to additional colleagues who would 
benefit from this discussion, we would appreciate if you would be so kind to 
provide us with their contact information.

The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting (IER) is a 
well-known Ukrainian independent think tank established in 1999, focusing on 
economic research and policy consulting. The IER is a top Ukrainian think 
tank with internationally recognized expertise almost 20 years of experience 
in implementing projects on Ukraine's economic development funded by 
international donor organizations, i.e. SIDA, USAID, UNDP, World Bank Group 
and others. In 2017 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report the IER is one of 
the 140 Best Independent Think Tanks out of  6,500 surveyed, it is  49th in 
“Best Advocacy Campaign” category, 69th as best International Economics 
Think Tank and  86th best Think Tank in Central and Eastern Europe.  The IER 
has successfully implemented multiple international donors projects related 
to the field of reform implementation in Ukraine. The IER successfully 
combines professional analysis with active involvement in public dialogue 
and advocacy and actively cooperates with Ukrainian national and regional 
authorities in issues related to strategic planning and policy development 
as well as policy implementation. The IER has the capacity for grant 
management and provides re-granting for capacity development to regional 
civil society organizations and media. The IER financial standing has been 
secured through projects as well as private contributions.

__________________

Kind regards,

Igor Burakovsky,

IER Head of the Board